Easy Pumpkin Pancakes (Paleo)

I know not everyone goes pumpkin crazy when fall hits.... but I do!  So I hope you don't mind one more pumpkin recipe  :)


This recipe is my pumpkin-fied version of my Three-Ingredient Paleo Pancakes, which are constantly in rotation for "breakfast for dinner" at our house.  If you're not a pumpkin fan, I highly recommend that recipe- which uses bananas!


I love the warm, spicy, pumpkin pie flavor to these pancakes, and how easy they are to make!  Just top with a quality maple syrup, a little grass-fed butter, and the perfect breakfast is served.  I highly recommend baking up a little Foolproof Oven Bacon while your pancakes cook!

Hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 6 eggs
  • 3/4 cup almond flour
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • (coconut oil or butter, for greasing)
Directions:
  1. In a medium bowl, mash together the pumpkin and eggs.  Add the almond flour & pumpkin pie spice, and stir until smooth.
  2. Grease a large skillet or griddle with fat of your choice.
  3. Heat the pan to medium heat, and add the batter in 1/3 cup scoops.
  4. Allow each pancake to cook for a couple of minutes; until little bubbles form around the edges and/or the bottom looks lightly browned.
  5. Flip, and continue cooking for about one minute (or until firm).
  6. Repeat until the batter is gone, top with maple syrup, & enjoy!
*Serves 2 to 3 people.  Feel free to double or half the recipe!

post signature
PS~ Don't forget to check out my amazing friend's jewelry line, Cowgirls&Indians.  We currently have a giveaway happening over on Instagram, so head over for details!  Link is to the right!  & Check out her etsy shop while you're at it:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/mackenzybailey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessie! These pancakes look great!!! I can't wait to test them out myself when I get home. In the meantime I decided they definitely needed to be tested out by our readers themselves so I put them in an article I wrote! Just letting you know in case you want to check it out. It'll be up Thursday on getupanddosomething.org under Forever Eating!

Jessie B said...

Loved your pumpkin post! Thanks for sharing my recipe. :)