Cooking bacon can be a big, messy pain in the you-know-what, but it doesn't have to be. Pop it in the oven & let it do its thing for about 20 minutes... that's all it takes. It makes for super easy clean-up & comes out perfect every time. Plus, no babysitting the stove!
This is also a great way to save some bacon fat for cooking later, without all the burnt bits or mess from a pan. I'm sure this bacon method isn't a brand new concept for most of you, but for those who haven't tried it, you should!
You can also stop the oven a couple of minutes early, freeze or refrigerate the bacon, & use it as you would "fully-cooked" bacon throughout the week... Just microwave for about 30 seconds to crisp it up.
When choosing your bacon, I recommend going for some that's nitrate/nitrite free, with minimal added sugar (if any) & no preservatives. Good luck, & happy Bacon!
Ingredients: Raw bacon
- Lay out the bacon on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the sheet in a cold oven.
- Set the oven temperature to 400ºF.
- Let the bacon cook as the oven warms for 20-25 minutes (I would check it at 20 minutes & keep an eye on it until it's as browned as you like it... The longer you leave it in, the crispier it will be.)
- Transfer the bacon to paper towels to cool & crisp up.