Foolproof Crispy Oven Bacon

My simple, mess-free, foolproof method for crispy bacon every time.  Make sure you save that liquid gold at the end to reuse as a delicious cooking fat!  We love our bacon fat for sautéing green veggies & roasting butternut squash.  Yum!


Buying fully-cooked bacon is a great idea to keep things simple during the week. But when it's the weekend & you've got a little extra time for breakfast~ it's a great treat to make the 'real deal'.  And when you're Whole30ing, sometimes fully cooked is not an option ingredients-wise.



Cooking bacon can be a big, messy pain in the you-know-what, but it doesn't have to be. Pop it in the oven & let it do its thing for about 20 minutes... that's all it takes. It makes for super easy clean-up & comes out perfect every time. Plus, no babysitting the stove! 




This is also a great way to save some bacon fat for cooking later, without all the burnt bits or mess from a pan. I'm sure this bacon method isn't a brand new concept for most of you, but for those who haven't tried it, you should! 




You can also stop the oven a couple of minutes early, freeze or refrigerate the bacon, & use it as you would "fully-cooked" bacon throughout the week... Just microwave for about 30 seconds to crisp it up.


Trust me on this method- it's the best!  I learned it long ago in my high school culinary class, and will never do it another way.




TIP:  when choosing your bacon, I recommend going for some that's nitrate/nitrite free, with minimal added sugar (NONE for Whole30) & no preservatives. 


Good luck, & happy Bacon!




Ingredients

  • 9 to 10 slices raw, sugar free bacon*


Directions:

  1. Lay out the bacon on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
  2. Place the sheet of raw bacon in a cold oven.
  3. Set the oven temperature to 400ºF.
  4. Let the bacon cook as the oven warms for 20-25 minutes (I would check it at 20 minutes & keep an eye on it until it's as browned as you like it... The longer you leave it in, the crispier it will be.)
  5. Transfer the bacon to paper towels to cool, drain & crisp up.
  6. Enjoy!  

*Notes:
  • I like the Pederson's brand of bacon for Whole30 purposes when I want NO added sugar.  You can check their website for store locators!  I add mine to my ButcherBox order (which you can try out HERE, where you'll get FREE bacon & $20 off your first order for using my link!)
  • I store leftover cooked bacon in paper towels in the refrigerator, and reheat for 20 seconds or so when I'm ready to have another serving.




post signature

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks

Margaret said...

Most of the people are like this cheese food and they like to take this item so more. So i thank you so much to share this content in here about to get this tasteful item.

Unknown said...

Thank you for this! My bacon turned out perfectly and no mess in my stove top. Why have I been doing it wrong for 20+ years?! Again, so glad you shared this tip for cooking bacon.

Dana said...

What’s the best cut bacon with least amount of fat? I feel like I always choose the wrong kind.