All of my end-of-grad-school testing is complete, I've passed, and life has gotten real. Now I'm officially on the path to beginning a career & a new chapter of my life. Meanwhile, I'm still working and schooling and all that jazz too! It's been busy over here, and I'm sure you've all been busy too.
While I've been on my little blogging hiatus, I've been keeping a running list of recipes & post ideas that will eventually make their way to my site. To start, I've got these pancakes. They have been on my mind for quite some time now, and I am happy to be able to make them since my Whole30 is complete. (Let me know if anyone would like an update/results post on that!)
These pancakes are fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth, sweet deliciousness that tops any boxed pancake mix I've ever encountered. To sweeten the deal even further~ all you need is THREE ingredients. Just three. Tastier than the box, easier than the box, less expensive than the box.... you should just ditch the box :)
I use almond meal in these pancakes because it's less expensive than almond flour (difference: almond flour is made from blanched almonds & is less dense/gritty). You can use whichever you prefer, but I like saving a little $ when I can. Either one tastes great in this recipe! Make sure your bananas are ripe so they're easy to smash, and go for some good quality eggs.
Here's the recipe..... hope you love 'em! & Keep scrolling for my little recipe size chart :)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- (coconut oil or butter, for greasing)
*Makes 6 pancakes.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas until all chunks are gone.
- Add the eggs and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the almond meal.
- Grease a large skillet with coconut oil or butter.
- Heat the pan to medium heat, and add the batter in 1/3 cup scoops.
- Allow each pancake to cook for a couple of minutes; until little bubbles form around the edges and/or the bottom looks lightly browned.
- Flip, and continue cooking for about one minute or until firm.
- Repeat until the batter is gone, top with pure maple syrup, & enjoy!
Optional mix-in ideas: dark chocolate chips, blueberries, shredded coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg...