Raspberry Vinaigrette


Salads are one of the best ways to cover all your bases at once in terms of consuming a nutrient-dense, well-rounded meal. I think we all know by now just how much good a salad can do for us, but we also know that they can get boring. It's also a pretty well-known fact that there's lots of dressings out there just waiting to destroy your healthy salad.


I love making my own dressing. It makes me feel like a fancy chef, and I love being in charge of every ingredient that goes in. A good dressing can also blow the boring factor right out of the water! Hit your next salad with the fresh, tart-sweet flavor of this raspberry vinaigrette... & you will be looking forward to that salad of yours.

I think this dressing goes with pretty much any salad, and is a staple to keep in your fridge throughout a busy week. As always, this recipe is 100% Paleo friendly, & is a great way to sneak in some fruit & healthy oil into your diet. I chose avocado oil for its mild flavor, but you could also use olive oil.

You just need three ingredients, a blender, and 30 seconds of your time.
Enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup avocado oil
*Makes about 2/3 cup of dressing.

Directions:
  1. Place all three ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth, about 20-30 seconds.
  2. Store refrigerated in an airtight container & shake before using.



post signature

1 comment:

Phoenix Helix said...

This recipe looks delicious AND it fits the paleo autoimmune protocol. So, thank you! I recently started a weekly Paleo AIP Recipe Roundtable through my blog, and I would love it if you linked up this recipe. I’m trying to expand resources for the AIP community. Here’s the link: http://www.phoenixhelix.com/2014/01/08/paleo-aip-recipe-roundtable-9/