Oven Roasted Broccoli

I've been posting lots of protein recipes lately, so I figured I would switch things up a little... because every meat calls for a tasty veggie to go with it!


Broccoli has always been one of my favorites, but this oven roasted version takes broccoli to a whole new level! It gives it an amazing flavor, sure to impress even non-broccoli-lovers.


Oven roasting is a great way to add tons of flavor with little effort. The high heat gives a little caramelized crunch without cooking out all of the amazing nutrients (fiber, vitamin C, iron~ just to name a few!). You can use whatever spices you like, but I kept it simple with salt, pepper, & garlic. 

Give it a try next time you need a quick & easy side dish, and enjoy!


Ingredients:
  • broccoli florets
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • salt, pepper, & garlic powder
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
  3. Spread the broccoli out in an even layer, & lightly coat with olive oil. *
  4. Sprinkle salt, pepper, & garlic powder over top.
  5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges begin to brown & the broccoli is tender-crisp.
*I used a "Misto" brand sprayer that you fill with your own oil. If you don't have one, you could toss the broccoli in a large bowl or drizzle the oil over top~ you don't need much, just enough to coat.

I hope you guys love this one as much as I do! It has become a new go-to for me since it pairs  well with so many different dishes. Let me know how you like it & if you have any requests for future recipes/posts here on the blog! I love hearing from you guys :)

Stay happy & healthy,
post signature

6 comments:

Julie B said...

I Like this one - A LOT! And so super easy!

Jessie B said...

Thanks mama! Easy makes it taste even better ;)

Unknown said...

Just a heads up--Don't be cheap (like me) and use frozen broccoli haha It's not so wonderful.

Expert Oven Cleaning said...

Just what I needed, Oven Roasted Broccoli tips. I got something special planned for my partner ;-)

The Purple Front Door said...

I make my roasted broccoli almost the exact same why, but at the end I top with a squeeze of lemon and some of the zest. Give it a try and let me know what you think?!?!

Kitchen Level: Novice said...

This just saved me! I had a bunch of broccoli and didn't know what to do with it. This was quick and easy and my partner and I love it!!