Wild Salmon Cakes

Do any of you watch the show "Chopped" on Food Network as much as I do?  Random oddball ingredients & 30 minutes or less to create a judge-worthy dish... I feel like that's me on a Sunday when we need to go grocery shopping.  ;)  I often think that I could totally win that show... unless my basket contained silken tofu or chickens' feet.

Last weekend my Sunday lunch challenge led me to create these salmon cakes, and the head judge (Dathan) approved!  

I decided to put the wild-caught Alaskan canned salmon I had been hoarding in the cupboard to good use, and tossed in a few other ingredients to create the perfect no-fuss meal.  No one would have guessed that we had an empty fridge!

These salmon cakes are light, crispy, & packed with savory, melt-in-your-mouth flavor.  They are also Whole30 & 21 Day Sugar Detox compliant!


Let me know if you give them a try, and enjoy  :)

Makes three 4-inch salmon cakes.
Ingredients:

  • 1 (6 oz) can wild Alaskan salmon
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp minced garlic
  • 2 tsp granulated onion (or 1 Tbsp fresh minced onion)
  • 1 tsp Paleo Powder*
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 2 Tbsp almond flour
  • handful of spinach, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp fat of choice (I used avocado oil)


Directions:

  1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.  Split it into equal sized cakes (mine made three 4-inch cakes) and set aside.
  2. Heat your cooking fat in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
  3. Add the cakes to the hot pan and let them cook for 5-6 minutes, or until golden brown.
  4. Flip them once, and cook the other side for 4-5 minutes.
  5. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with a dash of salt & squeeze of lemon.  Serve hot.
*I buy my "Paleo Powder" seasoning blend from www.julianbakery.com, but you could whichever all-purpose seasoning blend you prefer.



post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful article, So much info given in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, keep on sharing more... good luck
Cat Mario Click Heroes 2 Fleeing The Complex