Toasted Cashew Cookie Larabars

Back with another Larabar flavor... & I think this one's my favorite so far!

Up until now, I've recreated two of Larabar's original flavors:  Lemon Bar & Coconut Cream Pie.  This time around, I decided to get creative & make my own new flavor.  Instead of sticking to Larabar's strictly raw ingredient list, I thought it would be fun to try toasting the cashews used in this bar for more of a "baked good" flavor.

Well, it gave me just that... & I swear these bars taste just like a cookie!  No picture can explain to you the warm, slightly cinnamon-y goodness you will taste with each bite of one of these bars.  They are amazing!


Make these into whatever shape/size you like... small bars, large bars, bite-sized balls, etc.  They make the perfect on-the-go snack & are great for fighting off a sweet tooth.  :)

Enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup (about 12) pitted dates (I use Medjool dates found at Whole Foods or Costco)
  • 1 cup raw cashews
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 Tbsp coconut oil

Directions:
  1. Soak the dates in warm water for about 10 minutes if they're feeling dry.  (Optional.  You could always just add a Tbsp of water to the mixture at the end if needed.)
  2. On the stovetop, toast the cashews in a pan over medium heat.  Move them around constantly so they don't burn, but look lightly browned.
  3. Place the dates in a food processor, and pulse until smooth.
  4. Add the cashews, cinnamon, and coconut oil, and pulse until the cashews are in small pieces.
  5. Transfer the mixture to a plastic bag, and refrigerate for 20 minutes or more to firm it up.
  6. Remove from the fridge and shape them as you'd like (slice into bars, roll into bites, etc.).
*Makes 6 Larabar-sized bars.


post signature

No comments: