My "Weekly Meal Planner"

Happy New Year everyone!  I hope you all had a great time celebrating last night, whether you did it big out at a raging party... or hung out on the couch like me  :)

I know many people get irritated by the whole "new year, new me" thing... but I, personally, do not!  I think the start of a new year is the perfect time to clean up your act and get your priorities in line.

I thought today would be the perfect time to share a simple way to get your eating habits in check.  "Meal planning" might sound time consuming & unnecessary to some, but I think it's a great way to stay organized and feel in control of what you'll be eating throughout the week.  

That way- when the stress of a work week hits you in full force, you won't have to worry about whether or not you've got a healthy meal to eat that night.


It takes a little planning ahead, but is worth it for the peace of mind!



Here's how I like to go about it:

  1. Print out a "Weekly Meal Planner".
  2. Fill it in with meals & recipes you plan on eating that week (notice that I rely heavily on leftovers for my lunches, which makes life much easier!).
  3. Make a grocery list for the meals you have planned.
  4. Shop accordingly.
Here's what one of mine looks like!
It's a pretty simple concept that many of you might do already, but I felt like it was worth sharing; especially for any of you challenging yourself with healthy eating or a "Whole30" for the new year.

Of course, you can create your own with more "snack times" or none at all, depending on your activity level/eating habits.  This is just what works for me  :)


I saved mine as a PDF so that I could share it with you all~  It's ready to be printed if you'd like to give it a try!  Just click the link here:  just Jessie B "Weekly Meal Planner"  then save and/or print.


I hope this is helpful to someone out there!  Best wishes for a happy & healthy new year!
post signature

P.S.~  Here are the links to a few of the recipes listed in my meal plan, if you're interested:

3 comments:

Beth said...

Very nice! If anyone is looking for a digital option, I use spoonacular.

Jessie B said...

Awesome, thank you for sharing Beth! I've never seen that before! :)

Colleen said...

Thanks for your Trader Joes info and for this planner. I am preparing to do a whole 30 and it's daunting! All help is welcome!