Paleo Breakfast Burrito


Instead of a typical Friday Five post, I'm going to give you five reasons why you need to try this breakfast burrito:

  1. It's quick,
  2. It's easy,
  3. It's delicious,
  4. It's a burrito,
  5. And there's bacon in it.

If those aren't reasons enough, then there's no convincing you!



A little back story before I get to the recipe~ Dathan brought home some "Paleo Wraps" by Julian Bakery from work.  First, I made a lunch wrap- which was awesome!  (you can see it on my Instagram)  I loved it so much, I decided to make breakfast my 'round two' with the Paleo Wraps.

They are really worth buying & trying out.  The ingredients are extremely simple:  coconut meat, coconut water, & coconut oil.  How they create these wonderful tortilla-like wraps out of coconut is a mystery to me, but I am very grateful that they did!

You can check out the Paleo Wraps on Amazon here:  Julian Bakery Paleo Wraps, 7-Count

There's something super satisfying about wrapping up your food & eating it burrito-style.  Because the Paleo Wraps have a slightly sweet flavor, I went for all savory ingredients inside the breakfast burrito.  That, plus the salty bite of the bacon (and dash of hot sauce if you'd like) are a heavenly combo!

I hope you try this out, & please let me know what you think!  Feel free to mix up the scramble ingredients too, and use this as a guide!

Ingredients:

  • 1 Julian Bakery Paleo Wrap
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 slices of bacon
  • 1/3 cup chopped mushrooms
  • 1/4 bell pepper, diced
  • small handful of spinach
  • garlic powder
  • salt & pepper
  • avocado oil or butter

Directions:

  1. Heat the avocado oil or butter in a large skillet over medium to medium high heat.
  2. Add the mushrooms, bell pepper, and spinach, and sauté until the veggies are softened.
  3. Season the veggie mixture with garlic powder, salt, & pepper to your liking.
  4. Crack the eggs into the skillet, over top of the vegetables, and scramble until the eggs are just cooked through.  (You can stir in a little hot sauce at this point too)
  5. Lay out your Paleo Wrap on a flat surface, and fill with your scramble.  Top with bacon, and roll up as you would a burrito- sides in first, then roll.
  6. Wipe out your pan with a paper towel to remove any excess egg, and place your burrito back in the pan, with the folded side of the burrito facing down.
  7. Toast your burrito for about 20 seconds on each side until just browned.  (This actually helps seal the wrap into place too!)
  8. Wrap it up in a paper towel or some foil, and eat up



post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make breakfast burritos with my coconut wraps, but had never thought to toast the whole thing in the skillet. Sounds amazing! I'll have to try it!

Jessie B said...

It makes such a difference! Let me know if you try it :)

fally jonesh said...

Wonderful article, thanks for putting this together! This is obviously one great post. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here.

Apps For PC