Friday Five: Packaged Paleo Snacks

This is the first of a new series I want to start here on my blog.... called "Friday Five".  Every Friday (hopefully) I will do a post of 5 things covering a range of topics.  They could be 5 tips, 5 favorites, 5 beauty items, 5 uses, 5 reasons, etc. on anything you guys would like to read about!

I have a lot of ideas as far as where I want to take this blog series, but I would LOVE to get some feedback from you all regarding what you would like to see.  Maybe 5 reasons not to eat legumes?  Five beauty uses for coconut oil?  Whatever you guys would like to see, let me know either in the comments below, or on Facebook or Instagram, and I will get right on it :)

Today I wanted to share five Paleo-friendly snacks that are quick, easy, and great for on-the-go since they are pre-packaged and ready to eat.  Here they are!



  1. Beef Jerky:  Single-serving sized bags of jerky are a great source of protein for on-the-go.  Look for brands that are gluten free and contain minimal sugar, like this Pacific Gold brand (found at Costco).  The fewer ingredients, the better!
  2. Almonds:  I find these small "handful" bags of almonds at Trader Joe's.  I love how it gives you a controlled size so that you can get the energy and nutrients you need, without overdoing it as far as calories go.
  3. Apple Sauce:  These little cups are the perfect snack size, and are really convenient for travel.  Sometimes I throw a few of the almonds into my apple sauce for a little crunch :)
  4. Larabars:  My favorite fruit and nut bar, that also makes a tasty dessert!  I love how minimal the ingredients are, while still packing a major flavor punch.  Click here for my homemade version of the Coconut Cream Pie flavor.
  5. Epic Bars:  Lots of people love these bars, and I can see why!  These are the ultimate Paleo-friendly protein bars.  The protein source is quality, grass-fed meat, and the carbs come from dried fruits.  They make for a great complete snack for on-the-go!

Let me know what your favorite packaged Paleo snacks are... I am always up for trying something new!  Also, give me some feedback on what Friday Five posts you would like to see in the future :)

Stay happy & healthy,
post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how about....
5 great appetizers to take to a party?