Creamy Citrus Almond Dressing


One of the little things I love about spring break: not eating every meal out of a tupperware.  Now, don't get me wrong-- I love and appreciate my healthy to-go meals that I prep & take around in my favorite lunch box.  However, sometimes there is nothing better than eating a leisurely lunch that was freshly prepared at home.


Today was actually not all that leisurely.  I did a ton of driving, had coffee & breakfast while sitting in traffic, and ran out of snacks too soon.  So, by the time I made it home for lunch, I was starving.

This salad was so quick & easy to toss together, I even had the patience & energy left to take a few pictures and write down my recipe to share with you guys! :) That's saying something-- because I was hungry.  

The Mahi Mahi Burgers from Trader Joe's are one of my favorite protein options lately.  They are super quick to cook up on the stovetop, and don't have a lot of unnecessary ingredients.  The flavor is savory & delicious, and pairs so well with the big star of this salad: the dressing.

Whenever I'm craving an asian flare to my food, this is the dressing I whip up.  It's incredibly simple, but tastes like it's from a restaurant.  It reminds me of some of those citrus-y "peanut vinaigrettes" you see that are full of sugar and junk (yet so creamy & delicious).

This is my clean & simple version made with just a few ingredients, and perfect drizzled over a crisp, fresh salad.  Paleo-friendly, and free of all the bad stuff.  I hope you enjoy :)


Ingredients:
  • 1 Tbsp citrus juice (I used clementines, aka "Cuties")
  • 1 Tbsp avocado oil
  • 1 tsp almond butter
  • 1/4 tsp garlic, minced
  • salt & pepper to taste
*Makes one serving.

Directions:
  1. Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl until throughly combined.
  2. Drizzle over salad, chicken, or fish.
  3. Enjoy!

For the Salad:  
  • Trader Joe's Mahi Mahi Burger, or protein of choice (grilled chicken, salmon, tilapia)
  • Spinach leaves, baby carrots, sliced mushrooms, brussels sprouts, clementine, sliced raw almonds

post signature

No comments: