Tropical Green Smoothie


I'm here (late) with my ode to St. Patrick's Day.... My favorite green smoothie! 
Sorry about the whole late thing, but fortunately this green treat can be enjoyed any/every day :)

This has been my go-to smoothie recipe for a while now.  I love the sweet, smooth flavor and how thick & creamy it is.  It doesn't get much better in my book as far as smoothies go.  This recipe tastes like a tropical milkshake~ and if I was drinking it blindfolded, I would never guess it was green.  Plus, it's SO good for you!


I love adding spirulina powder~ the stuff that makes it green.  There's tons of info out there online about the benefits of this superfood, so do a quick Google search!  It's packed with protein, amino acids, calcium, and iron... just to name a few.  You will also find apple cider vinegar on my ingredients list.  It's not a must, but I love it for the stomach-soothing and antibiotic properties. Another good one to Google if you're interested :)

On with the recipe, but first a tip: Always use frozen fruit in your smoothies! Cuts out the need for ice & keeps your drink from getting watered down. 


Enjoy!
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup frozen mango
  • 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
  • 2 Tbsp frozen kale
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1/3 cup coconut milk
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp chia seeds
  • 1/2 tsp spirulina powder

Directions:
  1. Blend all ingredients until smooth using a blender or Magic Bullet. 


post signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you substitute this for a meal? Have it as a snack? Post-pre work out??

Jessie B said...

I will have it as a small meal or after a workout! :)

Tina said...

Spirulina is so versatile. Whoever came up with the powder was thinking well. It can be added to so many sweet and savory dishes.