Peppermint Hot Chocolate {Paleo}

It's snowing! ... yup, in California :)

It's Saturday, so I will be home studying & getting chores done all day. And as long as I don't have to be out in it (or shoveling it or something), I love the snow. 

With all of this wintery weather and Christmas right around the corner, I can feel a major shift in the air.... Pumpkin Spice season is over, & it is now all about the Peppermint Hot Chocolate. :)

If you're not up for the sugar overload following most recipes for this cozy drink, you've got to try out my paleo-friendly version. 

I swapped out the sugary syrups for all-natural, unrefined coconut sugar & mixed it with coconut milk and rich cocoa powder to make a perfect drink for the holiday season. Stir a little peppermint extract in, & you've got a real treat. I love how the warm rich flavors of the cocoa are contrasted with the cool taste of peppermint... so good!


This makes a single serving, but you can easily multiply the recipe. Feel free to adjust the ingredients to your tastebuds as well. I don't like mine too sickly-sweet, but feel free to up the coconut sugar or add a little maple syrup if you want more sweetness. 

Hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cups coconut milk
  • 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
  • 5-6 drops peppermint extract (to taste)

Directions:
  1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the coconut milk, cocoa powder, and coconut sugar. Whisk until smooth.
  2. Once heated through, stir in the peppermint extract.
  3. Serve!
*Makes one serving.





Here's a little shot of my backyard when I woke up this morning... so beautiful! 
post signature

2 comments:

Lindsey Y said...

I can't wait to try it! Looks and sounds amazing... Perfect for these cold days!! Yummy!!!

Jessie B said...

Thanks Lindsey!! Let me know if you try it out :) & thank you for checking out my blog, friend!