Monday, December 9, 2013

All-American Crockpot Chili {Paleo}



One of my all-time favorite cold weather meals is chili. Nothing warms you up like a warm bowl of chili, eaten on the couch while wrapped in a blanket. You can, of course, go for the kitchen table like a civilized person... but the couch is really where it's at, just sayin'.

No matter what the weather is like in your neck of the woods, you've got to try this one out. I love the heat (both temperature & spice-wise) of the chili, that's balanced out with the sweet hint of coconut sugar & the cool creaminess of the avocado on top... So good! 

Chili doesn't have to be packed with legumes either... It's very easy to do it Paleo-style. With all of the flavor this recipe packs, I don't miss the beans one bit.

This recipe is free of dairy, gluten, legumes, soy, and refined sugar, and also happens to taste amazing. You've got to try it! It would be great for game-day when serving a crowd, and is super convenient to toss in the crockpot overnight or while you're at work. This makes for some great leftovers, too~ it tastes even better reheated the next day.

Let me know if you try it out, & enjoy

 Ingredients:

  • 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
  • 1 medium white onion, diced
  • 1 bell pepper (red or green), diced
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes
  • 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
  • 1 jalapeƱo, minced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 Tbsp chili powder
  • 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
  • 1 tsp of each: oregano, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional~ if you like it spicy!)
  • avocado (optional~ for topping)

Directions:
  1. In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until browned.
  2. Toss the beef and all remaining ingredients into the crockpot, and give a good stir to combine.
  3. Cook for 6-7 hours on Low or 4-5 hours on High.
  4. Top with avocado, if desired, & enjoy!
*Makes 6 servings. (a serving= 1 cup of chili)




post signature

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Made this tonight and it is my new favorite chili recipe! Since changing my diet to paleo I just haven't been able to find a chili recipe that quite hit my spot. This one did it! And it is so easy too! Thank you for the great recipe!!!

Jessie B said...

Awesome! So glad that you liked it. It's one of my favorites too- I never get sick of it! Thanks for taking the time to comment & let me know :)

Katie said...

I am in love with this recipe! So simple but has a great classic chili taste with that hint of sweetness that my sweet tooth loves! Thanks so much for the recipe! Keep kicking butt with recipes like this!

Jessie B said...

Hi Katie! Soo happy to hear that you liked the chili... Your sweet comment made my day :)