Vanilla Coconut Coffee Creamer (Paleo)




One big question I've heard from several people gone Paleo is, "What should I put in my coffee?". With all of the "amazing" flavored lattes and sinful frappuccino creations out there in the world, it's hard to find Paleo-friendly options. Of course you can always opt for straight black coffee, but I guess I'm not grown up enough for that yet! ;)


Starbucks doesn't offer almond or coconut milk as a dairy alternative (just soy~ no thanks), & the Paleo-friendly(ish) store options just tasted bland to me. So, I made my own. It's wonderful... so much less guilty than my Starbucks "skinny vanilla latte" splurges, & way tastier than my plain black coffee with a sprinkle of coconut sugar. This coffee creamer is delicious~ & 100% Paleo.

Now, don't think that you have to be Susie-homemaker to make your own coffee creamer. It's as easy as opening a can & shaking up some ingredients in a mason jar. Before you assume it's ridiculous to make your own, go check the ingredients list... there's only two! So go on & give it a try :)

A few notes on what I used... 

  • I went for Trader Joe's 'Light Coconut Milk', because they didn't have a non-light version. Light basically means that water was added to the pure coconut milk to cut down calories. If you want a thicker creamer, don't choose light. Mine still turned out wonderful, & I guess I don't mind fewer calories!
  • Also, I left mine unsweetened so that I could add coconut sugar or stevia to my cup when I wanted it. You can easily add it in to your mason jar & have it pre-sweetened if that's what you prefer!

Vanilla Coconut Coffee Creamer

Ingredients:

  • 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract (alcohol-free for Whole30)

Directions:
  1. Add the ingredients to a mason jar & shake well. 
  2. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
  3. Shake before serving, & Enjoy!

post signature

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried this recipe this morning in my coffee and it was awesome thank you

Jessie B said...

Awesome, so glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for telling me :)

Karen Musselman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Sounds like a winner!!! Thanks for posting this; I need to switch to a restrictive Paleo and this looks like it's going to fit the bill!

Have a Merry Christmas!!

Jessie B said...

Awesome, I hope you enjoy it! Merry Christmas to you too! :)

Anonymous said...

YUMMM!

P.S. The Starbucks locations where I live offer almond milk, but it's not unsweetened. Boo!

Jessie B said...

I am jealous of your sweetened almond milk!! Better than dairy or soy! I'm going to start pestering my Starbucks locations until they give in ;)

Staci Ann said...

I am trying to go Paleo and as silly as this sounds, I have been wondering what in the world I'd do without my coffeemate. Can't wait to try this...thank you! :)

Jan said...

Darling coocnut milk cant be kept for long it might turn bad quickly so do take note. I use powered ones so whenever i need i just stir it up w water! Longer shelf life too!

Anonymous said...

Yippee! I can finally drink coffee again! Ditto on your comment on using the lite coconut milk and it being a bit watery. It was all I had, and while fine, in the future I will usual regular.
Thanks for the recipe!

moknowsall said...

Wounds great, going to the cupboard right now

M

Unknown said...

I love to go get coffee almost every mourning before work. As you can imagine it gets pretty expensive and so when I came across this do it yourself creamer I was so excited. I can't wait to try it and see how good it is, I hope that it turns out and taste awesome. If it works I will be saving so much money throughout the week. http://www.bestlifeint.com/#!healthy-coffee-creamer/c12ui

Unknown said...

How long can this be kept in the fridge?

Jessie B said...

I would say up to one week~ mine is usually gone by then so I'm not for sure :)

Christy said...

Hi! Just came across this recipe and tried to make it. What can I do to avoid my coconut milk clumping? I'm using Trader Joes Organic Coconut Milk (and added a little water). I tried shaking and wishing, but it's still clumping...

Unknown said...

Your articles make whole sense of every topic.

bulletproof coffee

Unknown said...

love reading your articles on this page
instead of coconut milk or almond milk, tried a2 milk like organic a2 milk in bangalore | desi cow milk in bangalore and your recipe came out well

Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Very nice article I love it, desi cow milk provide you good health. Calcium found in desi cow milk protects the colon cells from chemicals which lead to cancer.