Simple Everyday Makeup

I love playing with makeup & doing fun colors & dramatic eye looks, but let's get real..... "ain't nobody got time for that" on a busy morning! I save the fun makeup for special occasions (when I actually do have time) & stick to a basic routine on "normal" days. 

This is my go-to look for work or school; when I want to look put together, but not overdone. It gives me that little confidence-boost while still looking professional.

It's also a great time saver for busy mornings... only takes a few minutes once you get the hang of it. :)


I don't want to think about my makeup throughout the day (especially when I'm working with kids & meeting with parents!) so I love knowing that this look will last me all day long  without having to worry about touch-ups. 

I feel like putting your no-makeup face on the internet is probably a no-no... but I couldn't help myself. I just think seeing the difference makes it so much better!

So, here it is... my little before & after. Goes to show you that a little makeup can go a long way! ;)


Products I used (in order of application):
  • Cover Fx Mattifying Primer with Anti-Acne Treatment: I put this on after my skincare & before my makeup. I cannot live without this stuff (dramatic, I know; but seriously...).
  • Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base: Keeps anything I put on my eyes from creasing. I've tried quite a few eye primers; this is the best!
  • Laura Mercier Eye Basics in "Wheat": I swipe this over my lids as a skin-colored cream eyeshadow to get rid of any veins or discoloration. It's a 2-in-1... eyeshadow & primer.
  • Clinique Airbrush Concealer in "Fair": I put this under my eyes & blend with my finger. I like using a lighter shade to brighten up the eye area & pretend like I got a ton of sleep the night before. :)
  • Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder: I use this on a fluffy eyeshadow brush (E40 from Sigma Beauty) to set underneath my eyes & on my eyelids. This step is crucial for me to keep my makeup lasting all day.
  • Cover FX Pressed Mineral Foundation in "G40": This foundation takes next to no time to apply & can be built up for more coverage. I blend it in circular motions using my Bobbi Brown Face Brush. I love the color range from this line & the fact that this powder is free of lots of bad things (talc, mineral oil, parabens, sulfates, gluten... just to name a few).
  • Laura Mercier Baked Bronzer in "Ritual": This particular shade was limited edition, but any bronzer will do. I use my Bobbi Brown Bronzer Brush to dust this on the backs of my cheeks & across my nose and forehead. I then take a small eye blending brush (E25 from Sigma Beauty) & blend this in the crease on my eyes-- no real eyeshadow needed! 
  • Nars Blush in "Deep Throat": Rude name, I know, but this is a great natural color for everyday. I use my F40 brush by Sigma Beauty (the fluffy white one that's now turned pink) & lightly swirl this onto the tops of my cheeks.
  • Chanel Precision Eyelash Curler: I have straight, almost-blonde lashes.... So I've gotta curl them if I want the world to know that they exist!
  • Maybelline Volum' Express One-by-One Waterproof Mascara in "Blackest Black": Wow, longest name ever. This is the best I've ever used & it seems to get better & better the more you use it. It's not very dramatic, but it separates & lengthens my eyelashes just the way I want. I always go for waterproof so it will keep my lashes curled & won't smudge.
  • Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in "Medium Brown": I first use Anastasia's Mini Duo Angled Brush/Spooley to brush out my brows. Then I use the angled brush & the lighter color in the duo to tidy up the shape of my eyebrows & lightly fill them in. I never used to take this step, but it makes such a difference! Always choose a powder that's lighter and cooler than your hair color!
  • Anastasia Brow Gel in "Clear": I brush this through my eyebrows to keep them from straying out of place. It lasts all day & never looks unnatural or feels crunchy.
  • Sara Happ 'The Lip Slip One Luxe' Lip Gloss: This comes in a light pink shade that goes on really sheer & has just a hint of shimmer. It moisturizes like a balm, but gives the finish of a gloss. I have really pigmented lips naturally, so I like how this just bumps up the natural color without being too much for everyday wear.
  • Skindinavia Makeup Setting Spray: Last step to completely set my makeup in place & take away the powdery finish. I spray this a few times & let it dry. Any setting spray will do- just find one that suits your skin type. Urban Decay makes some popular ones as well!

Here's the "Before". Just washed my face & applied my skincare.


& Here's the "After". Nothing fancy, but it works!


Let me know if you guys liked this type of post- and if you use any of the same products! I have tried a million & one different makeup items, but these are some of my favorites that I always seem to go back to.

I really hope you guys enjoyed this, & please don't be too harsh on my "no-makeup face"! ;) Leave comments below if you have any questions or would like to see any other makeup looks.. I would love to hear from you!
post signature

4 comments:

Julie B said...

Such a natural, pretty look - of course, you're always pretty with or without any make up! Liked your comment about the eyelash curler! :) I'll have to try the lip gloss you use...

Jessie B said...

Thanks, love you mom! Not as pretty as you :)

Dwight Huth said...

First grab hold of the zipper and pull down ever so gently.

Next put both hands firmly around the base and pull from the bag.

Then with both hands thrust it towards your face.

Finally once you have the icing from the cake all over your face completely let it set for ten minutes rinse and then repeat.

Ena said...

Girl, you are looking absolutely gorgeous! I need a help! My wedding is in this august.I am really tensed, whom I should book for makeover. I heard, Lina Cameron is best in my town. I have seen her work and also she trains best make-up lesson here. What do you think?