That's why I decided to create my own. Pumpkin not only tastes amazing, but is a great source of dietary fiber and vitamin A. When mixed with the natural sweetness of coconut sugar and the warmth of the spices, it makes a perfect fall combination. I added whey protein powder to mine for a boost of protein along with the sweet vanilla flavor.
You can easily heat this up & drink it hot, but I served mine over ice. I love it chilled for these weeks that are sort of "in-between" in terms of the weather-- not exactly summer, but not cold enough for fall.
The best part about making your own drink at home is that you're in control-- so feel free to make substitutions. I made mine "Paleo-friendly", so gluten, soy, & dairy-free (besides the whey protein!). But, you can use whatever milk you like, sweeten with honey or regular sugar, and adjust the measurements to suite your own taste buds. If you want to serve it hot, just simmer in a saucepan until heated through or pop it in the microwave.
Whichever way you prepare it, I hope you enjoy~ & feel good about it! This one's packed with great ingredients to start off your morning. Here's how I prepare mine...
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cold brew coffee (or strong coffee)
- 2 Tbsp canned pumpkin
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- dash of cinnamon
- Place all ingredients, besides cinnamon, in a blender or Magic Bullet. Whip it up until blended together & frothy on top.
- Serve over ice & sprinkle with cinnamon. Enjoy!