My Top 5 Basic Hair Care Products


I love having long, healthy hair- but that means I have to take extra good care of it! I have tried many, many hair products over the years, from all different price points, and these are a few of my absolute must-haves. I also have favorite special products like masks & treatments, as well as products that I use to achieve certain styles (curls, waves, ponytails, etc.). Let me know if you want to see more specific favorites, but for now- here are some of my everyday basic products that I never go without!




1. Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Shampoo & Conditioner: These are two different products, but I am combining them as one since they go together! I love the island coconut smell of these products. I also love how soft they make my hair. They are both formulated free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, petroleum, and mineral oil. My hair feels really strong & hydrated after using these. I also use a penny-sized amount of the conditioner on damp hair as a "leave-in" treatment.

2. Kenra Platinum Blow Dry Spray: I bought this on a whim over a year ago & have not looked back since. It's an oil-based heat protectant spray for damp hair that decreases blow-dry time, protects from heat damage & breakage, and softens the hair. I can tell a huge difference when I don't use this, so I never go without! It's great for summer time when you don't want to be under a hairdryer for too long; but I love it all year round. :)

3. CHI 44 Iron Guard: I have been using the same bottle of this so long, so it definitely goes a long way. I spray this on dry hair before curling or straightening. It has a nice light scent & doesn't weigh down my hair at all. I have another go-to heat protectant product I use when curling, but I would choose this if I could only have one!

4. Kenra Volume Spray 25: The best hairspray ever! I have a few others that I love, but I could never go without this one. It's a strong hold hairspray that will hold my style all day, but isn't too crunchy. It keeps my hair tangle-free & is easy to brush out at the end of the day, despite the awesome hold. The scent is amazing too, & it's won countless awards over the years... So it must be good! :)

5. Biosilk Silk Therapy: This is another product where a little bit goes a very VERY long way; I have had the same bottle for years. As the very last step in my hair routine, I apply a very small amount to my fingers (somewhere between a pea & a dime- depends on how much hair you have!) & run it through the ends of my hair & over any fly-aways. It seals and nourishes the ends of my hair, & keeps it looking soft & shiny all day long. I also apply this between washes to keep my ends hydrated. I feel like my hair is more frizzy & dry when I don't use this.

That's it! Let me know if you use any of these, or what your everyday basic favorites are. :)
& If you do try any of these products I've recommended, let me know what you think of them!


post signature

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great !!! This is so phenomenal!!!That is very impressive! Hair Care Products are gorgeous and amazing. I love it. You really did a super job with the Hair Care! I use to do buy online Hair Care Products as its time saving.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this post.This the best hair care products

Anonymous said...

Does the blow dry spray help with frizz? I have tried a few different products that are suppose to help with frizz when blow drying your hair but it's still frizzy =/

Jessie B said...

I think it really does! I can tell that my hair feels frizzier and "fluffier" if I don't use the blow dry spray. It almost creates a light coating over your hair~ really helps to smooth it out! :)

Donnell Nash said...

Thank you for all of the time and effort you put into this post to help others. I have been using this hair care product for years and it's good.