Chef Salad & My Go-To Dressing

I love salads for a quick lunch or an easy meal to take on the go. They make it easy to get all of the protein & nutrients we need, all in one convenient serving. 

Because I eat them so often, I'm always trying to mix it up & create different combinations. Here's an easy "chef salad" I came up with using some basic ingredients I always have in the fridge. Stay tuned until the end, where I also included my go-to dressing that I put on almost everything.

Chef Salad


Ingredients:
  • 2 handfuls of mixed greens (I used Organic Girl's baby kale mix)
  • 2 Tbsp shredded carrots
  • 2 Tbsp broccoli slaw (optional- I like it for some crunch)
  • 1/4 avocado, chopped
  • 2 ham slices, chopped (I use Black Forest Ham from Trader Joe's)
  • 1 hardboiled egg, chopped
  • 2 slices crispy bacon, crumbled
  • salt & pepper to taste
Directions: Toss it all in a bowl, & top with dressing of your choice! Feel free to add tomatoes, cucumber, or whatever fresh veggies you have on hand.

My Go-To Dressing

Ingredients:
  • 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp balsamic reduction (mine is the "Balsamic Drizzle" I showed in this post)
  • 1/4 tsp minced garlic (I buy the Christopher Ranch jar of already minced garlic; saves time!) 
Directions: Mix with a fork, & drizzle on top of your favorite salad. Also works as a great marinade for chicken!

post signature

No comments: