This sauté has amazing bright flavors & pairs so well with the large shrimp. The juices from the tomatoes & zucchini mixed with the olive oil & spices create a delicious light sauce. It's also unbelievably quick to toss together (cooking time is only 5 min!).
This makes for some great leftovers too. I like it cold on top of mixed greens as a salad for lunch the next day- just add a little balsamic drizzle.
Make the most of these late summer flavors while they last, & enjoy!
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 lb uncooked shrimp*, peeled & deveined
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced into 1/4" pieces
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, torn
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
*I used large Wild Red Argentinian from Trader Joe's
Because this dish cooks so quickly, I start by preparing my veggies and spices. That way they are ready to toss into the pan as I need them. Once everything is waiting by the stovetop, we are ready to begin!
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Place shrimp & zucchini in the pan, and sauté until the shrimp becomes opaque and zucchini starts to brown (about 3 minutes).
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, basil, and spices (salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes).
- Continue stirring the mixture until the shrimp is cooked through & the spices become fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon
This makes 2-3 servings.