Blueberry Protein Smoothie


Smoothies are always a go-to for me. They are great as a refreshing treat after a workout, and can even work as a small meal when you are in a pinch. I love that I can indulge in one when an upset stomach keeps me from craving other foods, without feeling guilty. 

As long as you're tossing in the right ingredients, smoothies can pack so much nutrition while tasting like a dessert! Here's a simple blueberry smoothie recipe I love:



Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1/4 cup frozen kale
  • 1/3 banana (I keep mine sliced in the freezer)
  • 2/3 cup vanilla coconut milk
  • 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder 
  • 1 Tbsp rolled oats (optional)
  • Ice (optional)



Directions:
  1. Put all of the ingredients in a blender (I use my trusty Magic Bullet-- thank you Dathan!)
  2. Blend until smooth, stick a straw in it, & enjoy! 
post signature

No comments: