One night last week, my "little" brother sent me a link to the website for "Edoughble" cookie dough (here)- and I wanted to eat it all! So, instead of ordering every single flavor for $8+ per cup, I decided to make my own... & make it Paleo :)
I'm pretty sure everyone loves to chow down on raw cookie dough~ myself included. However, I always feel a tinge of guilt knowing that we're not technically "supposed to" consume raw egg. This recipe is guilt-less: no risk of salmonella, and Paleo-friendly ingredients.
This is definitely a decadent treat, but well worth the splurge! I use Kerrygold grass-fed butter as the base for this recipe, but you could get something super similar using coconut oil if you're sensitive to dairy.
The versatility of this recipe is also awesome... make a smaller serving if you want to keep a batch in the fridge for late night cravings, or whip up a big bowl for a gathering. This would also make a super fun, healthy party dip served with sliced green apples.
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp) grass-fed butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- dash of sea salt
- 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips (I use the "Enjoy Life" brand)
- Soften the butter in a medium bowl.
- Add the coconut sugar, flours, and sea salt, and stir until well combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Serve at room temperature with sliced apples or by the spoonful! Enjoy :)